Share | 

Lucbui's Birthday Set II!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LucarioBuizelFurret
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Lucbui's Birthday Set II!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 am

It's been an entire year since my last set, which involved Lucario, Buizel, Furret, and Quilava being POTW. Well, I decided it's time for me to celebrate my birthday again with four new Pokemon Very Happy

The ones I've chosen correspond to mine and my friends favorite Pokemon. Since we did my favorite last year, I'm exchanging mine with one of the choices I've been given by Pokefan, namely Politoed. The other ones chosen are Giratina, Infernape, and Swampert. These are/were really good battlers, so the sets should be pretty good Very Happy

I hope I don't make anyone mad by excluding them >_<

So, anyway...SURPRISE Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Alphaninja909
Begining Member
Begining Member

PostSubject: Infernapes Set!   Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:28 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCBUI!!!!!!!!!!
ok, ill add a set about my favourite pokemon, INFERNAPE (Hell Yeah!)
Pretty easy to use, wall breaker, gets rid of defensive cores, and if the opponent doesnt have a scarfed pokemon, can also rip through teams.
Its the Infamous Mixape set from 4th gen!:
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature/Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Mach Punch/ Stone edge
Pretty simple to use, all out attacking, though you gotta watch out for the pesky scarfed landorus, and other ground types which can tank a hit or 2. Overheat is the main STAB here, taking out the Grass and Steel types.You may get the -2, though its fine, as you will be switching in an out, removing the burden of the -2 SpAtk drop. Close Combat is your secondary STAB, though its also your best physical move. It destroys blissey/chansey and anything weak to fighting moves. Grass Knot is for Gastrodon,Politoad and any water types, though you have to watch out for bulkier waters, Vaporeon will laugh at a grass knot from Infernape, and you must consider that your physical moves have more evs that your special ones. Last Choice is priority, or power! Mach Punch is there to revenge kill anything like a 10% health latios or a 50% health scarfed terrakion, while if you call for power, stone edge answers the phone, giving infernape the ability to defeat many flying pokemon and opposing fire types. The nature is depending on what you want, and the item, life orb is there to give your attacks alittle more PUNCH!

Well, thats all i gotta say for infernape. Have fun trying the set Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VictinisRage
Begining Member
Begining Member

PostSubject: Lucbui's Birthday Set II!   Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Happy birthday old friend :DD

Well...i guess imma do Defensive-Toad.

Politoad @ Drizzle
Leftovers
Bold
252 Hp, 252 Defense, 2 Speed
Scald
Toxic/Hypnosis
Encore/Protect
Ice Beam/Protect/Focus Blast.

As with other bulky Water-type Pokemon, Scald is the primary STAB attack for its 30% chance to burn the opponent. The rest of the moveslots depend on the user's preferences. Toxic can be used to soften other walls and tanks such as Jellicent and Dusclops. While Hypnosis does have rather disappointing accuracy, the possibility of shutting down a threat makes it worth considering. The third moveslot is a toss-up between two extremely useful utility moves; Perish Song is an excellent option on stall teams to stop boosting threats such as Calm Mind Jirachi, Calm Mind Reuniclus, and Baton Pass teams. Meanwhile, Encore can be used to force out a foe that attempts to set up on Politoed.

Since Politoed lacks reliable recovery, Protect can be used in the last slot to gain an extra turn of Leftovers recovery, scout incoming attacks, as well as stall out opposing Pokemon through poison or burn damage. Either Ice Beam, for Dragon- and Grass-types, or Focus Blast, for Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, should be used if you need a coverage option.

Back to top Go down
pokefan5432
Gym Leader/Elite 4
Gym Leader/Elite 4

PostSubject: Re: Lucbui's Birthday Set II!   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:22 am

Happy day of your birth!
I'm sure this is a big surprise.... But I'ma do a Giratina set Very Happy Only I'll do one for each form.

Sleeping beauty
Giratina-O
Griseous Orb
Modest
104 HP / 252 Def / 148 SpA / 4 Spe
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse

With Rest and Sleep Talk, Giratina-O is bothered by neither Tentacruel's Scald burns Toxic from foes such as Blissey, Chansey, and Forretress; unlike the Substitute + Calm Mind set, this set can switch in more comfortably. Due to the huge boost in lifespan that Rest and Sleep Talk provide, this set makes an extremely efficient spinblocker, and because of Levitate, it outclasses Giratina, which is worn down by Spikes. This set is also extremely surprising; most people will think that it is the SubCM set and send in their defensive non-Ghost Arceus or Lugia, both of which cannot do anything but phaze. Power is also another huge advantage over Giratina. For example, at +1 Special Attack, Giratina-O will always 2HKO 252 HP / 200 SpD Dialga after Stealth Rock damage (while Dialga's Draco Meteor never OHKOes). Moreover, Giratina-O is not shut down by Trick, which is simply nullified; Giratina, on the other hand, is completely useless once Trick is used on it. This set is also capable of defeating mono-attacker Kyogre, winning the Calm Mind war due to its typing. This is something Calm Mind Arceus cannot accomplish.

Rest and Sleep Talk are the crux of this set, providing recovery and absorbing status, while Calm Mind transforms Giratina-O into a great attacker. Calm Mind also boosts its Special Defense, which rounds out it bulk and makes it quite hard to take down with both physical and special attacks. Dragon Pulse is a great STAB move to have, resisted only by Steel-types and hitting the vast amount of Dragon-type Pokemon in Ubers for super effective damage; it also gets a boost from Griseous Orb.

The infamous ChestoResto set :3
Giratina-A
Chesto Berry
Modest
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Calm Mind
Rest
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere / Thunder
One playstyle is always associated with Giratina, and that is stall. This set attempts to capitalize on that stereotype and catch the opponent by surprise. While standard Giratina is more suited for stall teams, ChestoRest Giratina can be used as an aggressive spinblocker on more offensively based teams. Giratina is easily the bulkiest Pokemon in the entire game, which means that it can very easily snag one or two Calm Mind boosts. This set plays a lot like ChestoRest Kyogre, but trades power for much more overall bulk and coverage. While an offensive Calm Mind set is usually more suited to Giratina-O, the latter's inability to hold a Chesto Berry automatically disqualifies from running this particular set. Even so, this Giratina hits surprisingly hard after a Calm Mind or two, and outside of extremely powerful physical attacks, Giratina will not faint without first netting at least one or two kills. To illustrate, it easily 2HKOes Extreme Killer Arceus and Dialga with a +1 Aura Sphere; neither Pokemon is able to OHKO in return, unless Dialga is carrying Choice Specs.

The best part about the set is that most people would attempt to take it out like they would the regular defensive sets; that is, by using Toxic and attacking it while it is sleeping. ChestoRest Giratina flips that concept on its head by casually setting up with Calm Mind until its health gets low, using Rest to get back to full health, and waking up immediately thanks to the Chesto Berry. Calm Mind, Rest, and Chesto Berry are the keys to this set. Dragon Pulse is preferred for the main STAB. Aura Sphere gives the best overall coverage as it is unresisted alongside Dragon Pulse, and most importantly, it 2HKOes Ferrothorn and Tyranitar at +1. However, if Ferrothorn is of no concern, Thunder is useful as it takes down Kyogre and Lugia much more easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucbui's Birthday Set II!   

Back to top Go down

Lucbui's Birthday Set II!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1