Share | 

Snorlax - September 13th to 20th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LucarioBuizelFurret
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Snorlax - September 13th to 20th   Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:35 am

The POTW this week is...Pokefan! Snorlax! I feel like I should know more about Snorlax, although I don't think it's OU. Someone teach me >_<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
pokefan5432
Gym Leader/Elite 4
Gym Leader/Elite 4

PostSubject: Re: Snorlax - September 13th to 20th   Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:34 am

>_> So you callin me fat huh? But you're right, its not OU its UU. But anyway have a set Very Happy

Leftovers

Thick Fat

Careful

~ Curse
~ Body Slam / Return
~ Crunch / Fire Punch / Earthquake
~ Rest / Selfdestruct

188 HP / 104 Def / 216 SpD

This has been Snorlax's flagship set for the past three generations, which goes to show how strong and efficient it is. However, the new sleep mechanics, in combination with the fast pace of the current metagame, make it somewhat less effective. Curse is the crux of the set, boosting Snorlax's good Attack and patching up its lackluster Defense simultaneously. The question of Body Slam versus Return as STAB is a simple question of whether you prefer the 30% paralysis rate or the extra power. For coverage, Snorlax is forced to choose between Fire Punch, Crunch, and Earthquake. While all of them have decent neutral coverage with its STAB, they each fail to cover a group of Pokemon. Fire Punch leaves Snorlax walled by Chandelure and Rhyperior, Crunch leaves it walled by Steel-types, such as Bisharp and Escavalier, and Earthquake leaves it walled by Levitating Ghost-types, such as Mismagius. As for the final move, Rest lets Snorlax sweep for longer under the premise that, with boosted Defense, it will be able to survive the three turns it spends sleeping. On the other hand, Selfdestruct virtually ensures Snorlax will bring something down with it at the end, as long as you don't use it on a Ghost-type. However, both moves received significant downgrades this generation, so it's also a good idea to consider simply using two coverage moves.
Back to top Go down

Snorlax - September 13th to 20th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1